Cactus Face Polish
"Face scrub" doesn't really do this stuff justice. Nopal cactus pad powder, herbal powders, and sodium bicarbonate deliver a face-appropriate polish that gently exfoliates without harsh edges. This polish removes dead skin cells and increases blood flow, encouraging the growth of new cells. Jojoba and camellia seed oil, paired with jasmine sambac floral wax, seal in moisture and help maintain a healthy glow.
Use Instructions: Scoop out about a quarter-sized amount with a spoon (this helps reduce bacteria being introduced to the polish) and rub over a wet face in small circular motions. Leave on for about 5 minutes as a mask. Rinse and pat dry.Ingredients: Baking soda, jojoba oil*, camellia seed oil*, nopal cactus powder, horsetail powder*, rosehip powder*, lemon peel powder*, jasmine floral wax
*certified organic ingredient
- Cactus Powder: The pulp from nopal cactus pads has been used by many cultures as a dressing for burns, cuts, and wounds to promote healing. Raw nopal is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
- Lemon Peel Powder: Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which work well in treating acne & oily skin. It also has a skin-lightening agent which helps to remove dark spots, scars, and blemishes. Lemon peel contains citric and plant acids that work to cleanse, remove dead skin, and stimulate new skin growth.
- Horsetail Powder: An astringent herb that helps tighten the skin & pores. Studies show that its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antiseptic, and antioxidant agents and silica may give it the ability to heal wounds, rashes, burns, skin lesions, and acne. Silica is known to help form collagen, which is important for the development and the maintenance of healthy connective tissues throughout the body. Horsetail extract is widely used in anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and other cosmetic products.
- Jojoba Oil: Actually a liquid wax that absorbs quickly, but also helps tame inflammation, kills bacteria, reduces acne breakouts, heals wounds, and improves the appearance of scarring, especially acne scars.
- Camellia Seed Oil: A very light oil that penetrates the skin quickly, cools the skin, and restores the natural pH balance. Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (doesn't contribute to acne and is suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone) it penetrates quickly, forms a protective barrier to seal in moisture, soothes skin irritation, provides a barrier against sun damage, and promotes wound healing.